Willistown Updates Road Closures, Post-Sandy Tech Issues
Editor's note: The following information comes from the Willistown Police Department.
The Willistown Township administrative offices are experiencing new problems with their telephone system as a result of Hurricane Sandy. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please feel free to communicate with the Township via email at email@example.com. Township staff will be monitoring this email address and responding to messages in the order they are received.
Please also be advised that the Township’s Department of Public Works has opened all roads from which they are able to safely remove trees, limbs, and other debris. Township crews are unable to safely remove debris involving wires and poles. We have been in communication with PECO for the duration of the storm and have advised them of the list of roads requiring their assistance. We have also advised PECO that several areas of the Township remain without power.
The latest information from PECO indicates that there are approximately 370 customers without power in Willistown Township. If you are one of those customers, we encourage you to notify PECO (if you have not already done so.) While clean up continues, please stay away from downed power lines and damaged equipment. Always assume PECO’s equipment is energized, even if there is an outage in your neighborhood. Residents are urged to report dangerous conditions to PECO immediately at 1-800-841-4141.
The list of road closures in Willistown Township as of 2:00pm, November 1, 2012, is as follows:
- Monument Avenue between Stonehenge Lane & Sugartown Road
- Forest Lane between Sugartown Road and Oak Tree Road
- Oak Tree Lane
- Warren Avenue between Davis Road and Providence Road
- Goshen Road between Plumsock Road and Providence Road
- Crumley Avenue between King Road and 1st Avenue
- Lloyd Avenue between Woodland Road and Paoli Pike
- Whitehorse Road at Fox Chase Road (between David Road & Rabbit Run Road)
- Fox Chase Road between Rabbit Run Road and Whitehorse Road
- Paoli Pike between Grubb Road and South Cedar Hollow Road.
- Line Road between Boot Road and Dutton Mill Road.
Edited 4:35pm 11/1/12 to include Line Road closure.