Get Out: Casino Night, Holiday Shopping Event, Tailgate Fest and More
What's going on in and around Malvern this weekend.
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Saturday, Nov. 10, 7 - 11 p.m.
- Where: Sheraton Great Valley Hotel 707 Lancaster Ave, Malvern
- Why Go: Designing 4 Hope and Immaculata University’s Fashion Promotions Class are hosting a night of casino games, silent auction, open bar, wine tasting, hot butlered hors d’oeuvres, and signature food stations. Black Tie Optional
- Cost: $75/$140 couple
- When: Saturday, Nov. 9. 9:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Where: Villa Maria Academy, 370 Central Ave, Malvern
- Why Go: Enjoy over 25 unique, one-of-a-kind vendors offering their finest for your holiday shopping needs. Most vendors accept checks and credit cards. The Holiday Vendor Event is sponsored by the VMA Alumnae Association in support of the Sister Mary Kelly Scholarships.
- Cost: $5 entrance fee for ages 12+
- When: Friday, Nov. 9, 7 - 11 p.m.
- Where: The Valley Top Ballroom, Great American Pub, 123 Fayette Street
- Why Go: The Elizabeth Ciunci Foundation, which provides scholarships to Great Valley High School students who plan to pursue a career in special education, is hosting their Annual Fall Auction this Friday night in Conshohocken. Enjoy a buffet dinner, wine, beer and try to win some auction items for a great cause!
- Cost: $50
- When: Saturday, Nov. 10. 2:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Conference Center at Penn State Great Valley, 30 E Swedesford Rd, Malvern
- Why Go: Join students, alumni, and friends to watch the Penn State Nittany Lions take on the Nebraska Cornhusters and help raise money for several causes: Alumni Achievement Scholarship Fund, the Penn State Hershey Center for the Protection of Children, and The Four Diamonds Fund at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital. Enjoy great food and cheer, free Creamery ice cream, a silent auction, the chance to win fabulous raffle baskets, a photo op with the Nittany Lion, and the game televised on the 30-foot screen in our auditorium! The Center on Central will also be leading activities for the kids! Game time is 3:30 p.m., and the doors will open at 2:30 p.m. (one hour before kickoff).
- Cost: Adults - $20, Kids - $15
- When: Friday and Saturday Nov. 9 and 10 at 8 p.m.
- Where: Malvern Prep
- Why Go: Don't miss Malvern Theatre Society's performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare. Believed to have been written between 1590 and 1596, it portrays the events surrounding the marriage of the Duke of Athens, Theseus, and the Queen of the Amazons, Hippolyta. The show dates are November 2, 3, 9, and 10.
- Cost: $17
- When: Friday, Nov. 9 at 7 p.m.
- Where: Tredyffrin-Easttown Middle School 801 Conestoga Rd, Berwyn
- Why Go: DELTA, a non-profit organization of Cultural Arts/PTO representatives from various public, parochial and indepentent schools in Treddyfrin/Easttown, Radnor and Great Valley present AUDIO BODY. Physical Comedy and Music Entertainment - A hap-hazard adventure of sibling rivalry, technological mishaps, relentless comedy, full-body contortion, juggling, LED light show & upbeat music!
- Cost: $10 at door. Discounts on-line.