Get Out: Cavalcade of Bands, Art Ability, Fall Festival
Plus, Shakespearean theater at Malvern Prep and a housewarming at Knots and Weaves.
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Saturday, Nov. 3 from 5 - 10 p.m.
- Where: Conestoga High School, 200 Irish Rd, Berwyn
- Why Go: The Conestoga High School and the Marching Pioneers will host their Third Annual Cavalcade of Bands competition, 'Stoga Showcase of Sound, on Saturday, November 3, 2012 starting in the late afternoon and ending by 10:00 pm. More than fourteen high school bands, including Great Valley High School, will perform on Teamer Field at Conestoga High School. It will be an extravaganza of music and color guard performances, bringing over 1,000 people into the stands.
- Cost: Ticket information is available at stogamusic.com.
- When: Saturday, Nov. 3 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Where: K.D. Markley Elementary School
- Why Go: Bring the kids and have fun playing games, working on crafts, getting your nails done, face painting, cake walk, and visit with Sweet & Sassy Hair Styling who will be on hand to make your child stylish with a fun up-do! There will be food and a used book sale and more! Come support the local elementary school.
- When: November 2, 3, 10 and 11 at 8 p.m.
- Where: Malvern Prep
- Why Go: Don't miss Malvern Theatre Society's performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare. Believed to have been written between 1590 and 1596, it portrays the events surrounding the marriage of the Duke of Athens, Theseus, and the Queen of the Amazons, Hippolyta. The show dates are November 2, 3, 10 and 11.
- Cost: $17
- When: Saturday, Nov. 3 from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital 414 Paoli Pike, Malvern
- Why Go: Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital’s Art Ability Program is an integral part of the hospital and a year-round showcase and celebration of artists with disabilities. This year’s exhibition will open with a premier Preview Reception which will offer guests the first opportunity to view and buy works by our exhibiting artists while enjoying refreshments, butlered hors d’oeuvres, food stations and delicious desserts. The exhibition and sale dates will begin on Sunday, November 4, and Art Ability will stay open each day, free of charge until January 20, 2013.
- Cost: $65
- When: Friday, Nov. 2 at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Waynesborough Country Club, 440 Darby-Paoli Road, Paoli
- Why Go: Enjoy a night of black jack, craps, roulette, slot machines and pocker. There will be a silent auction, Monte Carlo prizes, butlered hors d'oeuvres, chef attended food stations and open bar. Your ticket comes with $25 in playing chips. All proceeds benefit TALK Institute and School in Newtown Square, PA
- Cost: $75
- When: Saturday, November 3rd (10AM-4PM) and Sunday, November 4th (11AM-3PM)
- Where: 218 E. King St., Malvern
- Why Go: Enjoy local light food and drinks, special promotions, raffle drawings, giveaways and more—all while you check out the business's new location.
- Cost: None, but a canned good for donation to the Chester County Food Bank is requested.