Get Out: Empty Bowls, Christian Rock Concert and More
What's going on in and around Malvern this weekend.
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Friday, Jan. 18 from 6:30 - 9 p.m.
- Where: The Center on Central, 24 W Central Ave, Paoli
- Why Go: This night is geared towards kids ages 4+. This weeks theme is Community Service Night. The kids will be making Valentines and decorations to give to area nursing homes and rehabilitation facilities. Preregistration is preferred.
- Cost: $30 for first child, $20 for each additional sibling.
- When: Monday, Jan. 21 at 7 p.m.
- Where: Malvern Prep School 418 S Warren Ave, Malvern
- Why Go: Malvern Preparatory School is sponsoring its fifth annual Empty Bowls Event on Martin Luther King Day. This dinner event will feature over 800 ceramic bowls created by the Malvern community and friends, and a silent auction of artwork donated by students and area artists. Guests choose one bowl to keep as a reminder that there are always Empty Bowls in the world. Remaining bowls are available for sale. All proceeds will be donated to Bethesda Project.
- Cost: $25/adult and $15/child ten and under
- When: Friday, Jan. 18 at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Paoli United Methodist Church 81 Devon Rd, Paoli
- Why Go: The Christian Rock Band "One of Six" will perform on Friday night at Paoli Methodist. One of Six is a newly formed Christian Praise & Worship/ Original Rock band based in Vineland New Jersey. This event is open and free to the community - all ages are welcome!
- Cost: Free
- When: Friday, Jan. 18 and Saturday, Jan. 19 at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Main Line School of Rock, 511 Old Lancaster Rd, Berwyn
- Why Go: Come out for a night of British pop, focusing on the sounds of the early '90s featuring bands such as Pulp, Oasis and Blur on through the '00s with bands such as Franz Ferdinand, The Kaiser Chiefs and the Arctic Monkeys.
- Cost: $10