Get Out: Golf Lessons, Crafts and Party in the Park
June 17-19, 2011, edition.
This weekend, take some time to learn something new: Play A Round Golf will be hosting an open class for beginners, and Pennsylvania craftsmen will be showing off work techniques at the Chester County Craft Guild Craft Show. With the Rushton Farm Market selling it’s first batch of fresh produce and the Greentree Park holding a family-friendly fundraiser, there are also plenty of opportunities to spend time outdoors and enjoy the great summer weather.
- Where/When: Play A Round Golf, June 18, 9:30am - 11:30am.
- Why Go: Play A Round of Golf offers year-round golf lessons for individuals, groups and families via fun and exciting virtual golf courses. This weekend, Play A around of Golf is hosting an open class to introduce its new SNAG Golf Summer Program for beginners.
- Price: $25
- Where/When: 800 E Lancaster Ave, Downingtown, June 18-19, 10:00am - 5:00pm.
- Why Go: The 7th annual craft show will feature 30 artisans showcasing both contemporary and traditional works, and will demonstrate work techniques as well. All exhibitors have been juried. For more information, visit the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen website.
- Price: Free.
- Where/When: Rushton Farm, 1050 Delchester Road, June 18, 11:00am - 3:00pm.
- Why Go: Rushton Farm is Willistown Conservation Trust’s six-acre organic farm that grows produce on pesticide and herbicide-free land. The Farm Market will have plenty of fresh, organic produce to choose from on Saturday, so support the town’s sustainable farming project and come browse the selection with family or friends.
- Where/When: Cedar Hollow Inn, June 17, 9:00pm - 12:00am.
- Why Go: Cedar Hollow Inn has a late-night menu selection and features live music every weekend. This week’s artist is mainstream alternative guitarist Jerry Watkins.
- Where/When: Greentree Park, June 18, 10:00am - 12:00pm.
- Why Go: Bring the whole family to enjoy this exciting community fundraiser for new equipment at Greentree Park. Registered families will participate in a brief walk around the park, and children will enjoy post-walk activities such as face paint, balloon animals, music, and juggling. 100% of registration proceeds will be used to purchase new playground equipment for the park.
- Price: $25 per family. Register here.