Get Out: Poultry Fair, Fall Fest, and Friday Night Under the Stars
Sept. 16 - 18, 2011, edition.
This weekend, head out to one of the free festivals and outdoor activities for a breath of fresh air. There is a Colonial Fair in Devon, a County Fair in Willistown and a Poultry Fair at the 4-H education center. The Brandywine Polo Club & Academy is hosting another Friday Night Under the Stars, and Cedar Hollow Inn has a weekend of great music in store as well.
- Where/When: 945 N Valley Forge Road, Devon, September 17, 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Why Go: This colonial-themed event will feature art demonstrations, historical cemetery tours, and live actors. Refreshments and free ice cream will be available as well. Visit the website for more information.
- Price: Free.
- Where/When: Okehocking Preserve, September 17, 4:00pm - 7:00pm.
- Why Go: This family-friendly evening will feature live music, historic house tours, and hayrides. Food will be available for purchase as well. A rain date is set for September 18, 3:00pm - 6:00pm.
- Where/When: 4-H Farm and Education Center, 325 Bishop Hollow Road, Newtown Square, September 18, 1:00pm - 5:00pm.
- Why Go: Visitors will have an opportunity to learn about backyard poultry raising, embryology, and composting. PENN vet will be on site to answer any questions, and games will be available as well.
- Price: $2, Free for children 4 & under.
- Where/When: Cedar Hollow Inn, September 16, 9:00pm - 12:00am.
- Why Go: Cedar Hollow Inn offers a late-night menu and drink specials, offer a 18oz Prime Rib Special on Saturdays. This week’s artist is Acoustic Cafe.