Get Out: Run-A-Muck, Food & Wine, Get Well Gabby and More
What's going on this weekend?
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 22 at 2:30 p.m.
- Where: Heartwood, 912 Providence Road in Newtown Square.
- Why Go: This is the major fundraiser of the year for the Willistown Trust Foundation. Come run or muck (walk) along the a beautiful part of Willistown not normally open to the public. All proceeds go toward further preservation of the Willistown countryside.
- Cost: $60
- When: Friday, Sept. 21 and Saturday, Sept. 22
- Where:The Desmond Hotel
- Why Go: Main Line Today is hosting a weekend of exquisite wine and food. Friday night starts off with a seven-course formal dinner with wine pairings. Saturday is the Grand Tasting featuring wines from around the world and food stations from some of the most exclusive restaurants in the area.
- Cost: Packages range from $65 for a single ticket to $669 for the Ultimate Weekend Getaway for Two.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 22. 9 a.m.
- Where: The National Christian Conference Center, 1485 Valley Forge Road, Valley Forge, PA 19481
- Why Go: Last September 11, Gabby Vogel, of Phoenixville, lost her battle with brain cancer at the age of five. Her parents have started the Get Well Gabby Foundation in hopes of funding a cure so that no more children have to suffer like Gabby did. Come run or walk on these beautiful grounds and support a great cause. For more information on their foundation and this event, please visit their website at www.GetWellGabby.org.
- Cost: $35-$40
- When: Thursday, Sept. 20 from 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Radley Run Country Club, 1100 Country Club Rd, West Chester
- Why Go: Come out and eat cupcakes and support a great cause. The Great Guys Group is a non-profit that supports cancer patients and their families in our area.
- Cost: $25