Get Out: Shake-It-Off For Parkinsons, Orphan Grain Train Auction and More
What's going on this weekend?
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Saturday, Oct. 13 at 10 a.m.
- Where: Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital 414 Paoli Pike, Malvern
- Why Go: Help put the breaks on Parkinsons disease and participate in the PD500 City-2-City Bike Tour. Ride from Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital and choose either a 60 mile or a 30 mile loop. If you don't ride, help welcome the riders to their destination at the Family & Friends Fun Day on the campus of Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital, Main Line Health. Meet the Philadelphia Soul Cheerleaders, enjoy music by DJ Foster, hear from the Michael J. Fox team about the latest information on PD, learn more information about Dance PD, the LSVT Big Program and the Adaptive Sports Programs.
- Cost: Free for spectators. 60 mile ride - $40, 30 mile ride - $35
- See also: A Bike Ride Puts Brakes on Parkinson's Disease
- When:Sunday, Oct. 14 at 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Sheraton Great Valley Hotel
- Why Go: This silent and live auction is to benefit Orphan Grain Train, a nonprofit, humanitarian relief organization providing clothing and medical supplies to those in need domestically and internationally. To see a list of items up for auction, please visit their website. Absentee bidding is available.
- Cost: $20
- When:Saturday, Oct. 13 - Sunday, Oct. 28
- Where: Daylesford Abbey
- Why Go: Enjoy the 40th anniversary of one of the most popular craft shows. With almost 100 juried artists exhibiting everything from major art pieces, jewelry and pottery - there is something for everyone. The event kicks off on Saturday with an opening reception from 3 - 6 p.m. Tickets are $30. The remainding days of the art show are free to the public.
- Cost: The opening reception is 3-6 p.m. Oct. 13; tickets are $30. The show opens to the public Free of charge Oct. 14 and runs through Oct. 28. Hours are noon-4 p.m.; October 17 & 24 have extended hours from noon-8 p.m.
- When: Friday, Oct. 12 from 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Where: General Warren Inne
- Why Go: A fashion show for a great cause. Enjoy a fashion show featuring some of the best from Carlisle Collection, Gingy's, Note-Bene Boutique, One Stop Kid's Shop, Posh Boutique and more, all while supporting the Paoli Hospital Breast Cancer Center "Unite for HER Wellness Day."
- Cost: Tickets are $55 and includes a three course lunch.
- When: October 10 - November 4
- Where: People's Light and Theatre Company
- Why Go: Mark Twain returns to the 21st century to share his most-loved classics and lesser-known works with a modern audience. Join the artists after each performance to discuss the making of the production. There are still tickets available for this opening weekend.
- Cost: $25 - $40