Get Out: This Wonderful Life, Fabulous Shoe Night and More
What's going on in and around Malvern this weekend.
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Thursday, Nov. 29
- Where: Redhound Grill, Malvern
- Why Go: Fabulous Shoe Night and Operation Warm have partnered up to ensure children in need have a new winter coat this winter season. Come out to this fun event, enjoy appetizers, drink specials, raffle items for a good cause. $15 of your ticket price goes directly to Operation Warm. Feel free to bring a new, tags on winter coat for a child.
- Cost: $25 advance, $30 at door
- When: Thursday, Nov. 29 - Sunday, Dec. 23
- Where: Peoples Light & Theatre Company, Steinbright Stage
- Why Go: Running Wednesday's through Sundays from now until Dec. 23, come witness one actor portray George Bailey, Clarence the Angel, Mary, Old Man Potter and the entire population of Bedford Falls, morphing seamlessly from one character to another! Enjoy a “Dinner and a Play” package at The Farmhouse Bistro on evening performances for only $65.
- Cost: $25 - $35
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 from 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Where: Rushton Woods Preserve, Delchester Road
- Why Go: Birders of all skill and ages are invited to visit local ponds and lakes to see wintering ducks and other birds. Dress warmly and bring binoculars if you have them. For more information, please visit the Willistown Conservation Trust website.
- When: Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012 - Sunday, January 6, 2013
- Where: People's Light & Theatre Company, Main Stage
- Why Go: Bring the family out for the annual holiday Panto. Enjoy a hilarious and magical adventure with Aladdin and friends. Be ready to dance in the aisle and boo the villain! This weekend there are four performances. Friday, Saturday and Sunday night at 7 p.m. and a Sunday matinee at 2 p.m.
- Cost:$45 - $50
- When: Friday, Nov. 30 – Sunday, Dec. 2
- Where: Downtown West Chester
- Why Go: Enjoy a truly magical weekend in West Chester. Friday it kicks off with the the Jingle Elf run, the parade, the tree lighting, carolers and other special activities. Saturday enjoy theater, train rides, kids activities and more. Sunday there are several concerts and more activities. For a complete schedule, please visit their website.
- Cost: Free *Some activities have a cost.