Get Out: Victorian Christmas, Jingle Bell Run and More
What's going on in and around Malvern this weekend.
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Friday, December 7 and Saturday, December 8
- Where: Downtown Malvern, W King St & N Warren Ave, Malvern
- Why Go: The weekend kicks off with the lighting of the town tree. Santa will be visiting at the pavillion on Friday night from 5:45 – 8 p.m., to hear what is on your Christmas lists. Enjoy hayrides, live music, carolers and more. Throughout Malvern there will be special events and activities for children and families, such as puppet shows, pony rides, craft and ornament making, face painting, and more.
- Cost: Free
- When: Sunday, Dec. 9 at 10 a.m.
- Where: Great Valley High School
- Why Go: Charitable fun event to raise funds for the Arthritis Foundation. Wear a holiday themed costume, tie bells to your shoelaces and come out for a great cause and a lot of fun! Dogs on leash are welcome. Registration opens at 8 a.m. and race is at 10 a.m.
- Cost: Adult: $25.00, Child or Teen 5K Run/Walk Registration: $15.00; Kid's Fun Run: $15.00
- When: Friday, Dec. 7 from 5 - 8 p.m.
- Where: Carrabbas Italian Grill, 245 Lancaster Avenue, Frazer
- Why Go: Avoid the registration lines on event day and pick-up your packet early. You may also register at this packet pick-up event. Pick-up your t-shirt, bib, bells and enjoy a light pasta fare. Carrabbas will also be offering a special Happy Hour to Jingle Bell Run participants. This is a casual pasta buffet and there might not be seating.
- Cost: Registration Costs - Adult: $25.00, Child or Teen 5K Run/Walk Registration: $15.00; Kid's Fun Run: $15.00
- When: Sunday, Dec. 9 at 4 p.m.
- Where: Daylesford Abbey, Paoli
- Why Go: The Vox Ama Deus Ensemble will perform Handel's Messiah at the Dayleford Abbey on Sunday afternoon.
- Cost: $25
- When: Thursday, Nov. 29 - Sunday, Dec. 23
- Where: Peoples Light & Theatre Company, Steinbright Stage
- Why Go: Running Wednesday's through Sundays from now until Dec. 23, come witness one actor portray George Bailey, Clarence the Angel, Mary, Old Man Potter and the entire population of Bedford Falls, morphing seamlessly from one character to another! Enjoy a “Dinner and a Play” package at The Farmhouse Bistro on evening performances for only $65.
- Cost: $25 - $35
- When: Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012 - Sunday, January 6, 2013
- Where: People's Light & Theatre Company, Main Stage
- Why Go: Bring the family out for the annual holiday Panto. Enjoy a hilarious and magical adventure with Aladdin and friends. Be ready to dance in the aisle and boo the villain! This weekend there are four performances. Friday, Saturday and Sunday night at 7 p.m. and a Sunday matinee at 2 p.m.
- Cost:$45 - $50