Grab & Go Planner: Thrilling Thursdays Wrap Up This Week
Sept. 15 - 22, 2011, edition.
Looking for fall-themed events to take the family to this week? The Willistown County Fair and Okehocking Fall Fest promises plenty of entertainment, and children will have an opportunity to build their own scarecrow at the Scarecrow Festival and Exhibit. There are also free live performances at Valley Creek Park, and Day Out with Thomas on the Strasburg Railroad. Plus, the final installation of Willistown's Thrilling Third Thursdays series comes tonight.
- Where/When: Greentree Park, Thursday, Sept. 15, 5:30 - 8 p.m.
- Why Go: Uncle Buck Band will be the closing act on Willistown Parks' Thrilling Third Thursday series.
- Price: Free
- Where/When: Okehocking Preserve, September 17, 4:00pm - 7:00pm.
- Why Go: This family-friendly evening will feature live music, historic house tours, and hayrides. Food will be available for purchase as well. If necessary, a rain date is set for September 18, 3:00pm - 6:00pm.
- Where/When: Valley Creek Park , September 18, 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Why Go: This outdoor event will take place in the Valley Creek Park amphitheater and will feature performances by Lisa Wolfe’s Build a Band. Come out to enjoy the great fall weather and live music!
- Price: Free.
- Where/When: Malvern Library, September 21, 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Why Go: Reading is fundamental, so come join in on the fun! Reading times are 10:00am - 10:30am for 2 year olds, 10:45am - 11:30am for 3-4 year olds, and 1:30pm - 2:00pm for 4 year olds - kindergarten.
- Price: Free.
- Where/When: Rt. 741 East, Strasburg, Lancaster County, September 17-25. Check complete train schedule here.
- Why Go: Families and children of all ages enjoy a fun ride on a full-sized steam locomotive through the Pennsylvania countryside. Thomas the Tank Engine is a classic children’s storybook character, and the ride is sure to be packed with exciting activities for the whole family to enjoy. Thomas merchandise will be available as well.
- Price: $18, $25.50 for combo tickets.
- Where/When: Tyler Arboretum, 515 Painter Road, Media, September 17, 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Why Go: Watch as a professional garden artist builds a scarecrow, then create one yourself to add to the exhibit. Entertainment includes music, games, and crafts.
- Price: Free with admission.