St. Patrick's Day Races and Other 5Ks in March
Find local 5K races in March around the Philadelphia region.
Looking for things to do in March or on St. Patrick's Day? Get some fresh air and enjoy the outdoors with these nearby runs and 5Ks, many of which are for good causes.
Below is a list of nearby runs in March in the greater Philadelphia region:
Saturday, March 2
- Manayunk Towpath, onsite registration opens at 7:45 a.m., race starts at 9 a.m., $25 registration fee – The 5K walk/run on the scenic Manayunk Towpath will start at Main Street and Leverington Avenue in Manyunk. All proceeds benefit the North Light Community Center, a staple in Manayunk for over 75 years. Its mission is to enable people of all ages and abilities in our communities, especially those most in need, to reach their full potential as productive and responsible citizens through initiatives that support and enrich children, teens, and families. For more information, contact Deirdre Childs.
- Athletes Closet, West Chester, onsite registration opens at 8:30 a.m., race starts at 9:30 a.m. – The 5-mile run is open for all athletes as a training run. For more information, contact Richard Fitch at 610-764-5677.
Saturday, March 9
- Sacred Heart Shamrock Shuffle 5K, Havertown, onsite registration opens at 9:15 a.m., race starts at 10:30 a.m. – The 1.2-mile Family Fun Walk will go through the streets of Manoa, while the longer 5K run will take runners further into Havertown. Look out for a special guest appearance by Sacred Heart’s Lucky Leprechaun. Proceeds from this event will be used to fund upgrades to the infrastructure of Sacred Heart School. A $100 prize will be awarded to the first overall male and female, plus age group prizes, goodie bags for pre-registered runners, and more. For more information, contact Maria Pardini at 610-960-6638.
Saturday, March 16
- 2013 Winter Pickle Run Series No. 3, Newtown Square, onsite registration opens at 9 a.m., race starts at 10 a.m., pre-registration is $12 – This is the last of three Winter Pickle Runs. There are two courses to choose from at Ridley Creek State Park (section 17): 3.01ish all road or 4.4-mile road and trail. This event brings the fun back into running and helps you keep in shape during the cold winter months. ContactTim Krueger for more information.
- O'Hara Leprechaun Run, Springfield, onsite registration opens at 8:30 a.m., race starts at 10 a.m. – The Cardinal O'Hara Track Alumni Committee will host this run to raise funds to complete the field events & purchase equipment required to host track meets at O'Hara High School. All proceeds from the race will be used to support this effort as well as the effort to complete the stadium complex. Donations for this event are tax exempt as the association is a nonprofit (tax ID #46-0693017). Contact Chris Pastore for more information.
- St. Patrick's Day Dash, Philadelphia, onsite registration opens at 8:30 a.m., race starts at 9:30 a.m., early registration fee is $30 – The 1st Annual Paddy Whacks St. Patrick’s Day DASH is a 5K run, walk, jog or crawl to celebrate the arrival ofsSpring and the Irish in us all. The DASH benefits Jimbo’s Squad in support of providing comfort for patients at the Fox Chase Cancer Center and their families as they battle Cancer. Contact Casey Jones at 215-464-7544 ext. 100 for more information.
- ST. Pat's 5K, West Chester, onsite registration opens at 7 a.m., race starts at 8 a.m. – Time to find your green and join the party. Start your St. Patty's Day celebration in downtown West Chester at the Kildare's Irish Pub - St. Pat's 5k Road Race. Contact CCRS Race Staff for more information.
Tuesday, March 19
- Anton Paar 5k Walk/Run at Pittcon, Philadelphia, no race day registration, race starts at 7 a.m. – Anton Paar will host a 5K walk/run at the Pittcon Convention at Lloyd Hall along Boat House Row in Philadelphia. Supporting the corporate missions of encouraging employee activity and charitable works, proceeds from the event will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project. Contact Eric Fox at 804-550-1051 for more information.
Saturday, March 23
- EU5K, Eastern University, St. Davids, onsite registration opens at 7:30 a.m., race starts at 8:30 a.m., early registration fee is $20, student registration is $12 – This is the 1st annual Eastern University 5K (EU5K), hosted by the Eastern University Men's and Women's Cross Country teams.
The race will start on the main campus of Eastern University near the main entrance off of Eagle Rd (near the Eagle Rd, King of Prussia Rd. intersection). The course wanders throughout the quiet, picturesque suburbs of Wayne, before ending back on campus near the starting area. All proceeds benefit Eastern Cross Country and Operation Net, an on-campus non-profit organization focused on providing life-saving mosquito nets to prevent malaria worldwide. View the Course Map here. Contact Mike Wilson at 330-687-9793 for more information.
- WellSprings Hosts 1st Annual 5K Run/Walk, Chester Springs, race starts at 10 a.m., $25 registration fee/$12 for children under age 12 –Proceeds to fund Addictions and Recovery Expo in September 2013, which will offer addictions and mental health resources to individuals and families. This is a family-friendly fundraiser for an important cause. A t-shirt and goodie bag are included for participants who are professionally timed. Sign up on Active.com here. For more information, visit http://www.wellspringsuu.org/index-12.html.
Saturday, March 30
- 2013 Butterfly Run, Great Valley High School, Malvern, onsite registration opens at 7:30 a.m., race starts at 9 a.m. – A 5K & 1-mile Fun Run will benefit Elizabeth Ciunci Scholarship Fund. The run starts at Great Valley HS, winds along residential roads and finishes back at the high school. Chip timing provided by Run-the-Day. Excellent post-race food and activities. Cash award prizes will be given to the first three top male and female runners. Contact Mary Ellen Buckley for more information.