Weekend Responses: Goshen Road Crash, Charlestown Fire
A dryer caused a residential fire in Charlestown Friday, and a car crashed on Goshen Road Sunday.
The weekend past was a busy one for local fire company and police personnel.
On Friday afternoon, a townhouse fire brought four fire departments to Charlestown Township.
According to East Whiteland Fire Company's website, a clothes dryer in the laundry room appeared to be the source of the fire:
Engine 5-2 arrived and stretched an attack handline to the lower level where they had a laundry room involved. Engine 5-2 crews were backed up by the crew from Engine 5-3 and led off an agressive attack on the fire, and were able to quickly knock the fire, stopping it's spread to the rest of the dwelling.
While East Whiteland firefighters were initiating fire attack and suppression, Malvern and Kimberton crews searched the dwelling for victims and fire extension, and preformed overhaul of the laundry room and adjacent areas.
Lionville units were returned shortly after arrival and MICU 67 and Ambulance 4-1 handled firefighter rehab.
The fire is under investigation by the Chester County Fire Marshal's Office. There were no reported Firefighter or Civilian injuries.
On Sunday, a sedan slid into a utility pole on Goshen Road in Willistown Township. The driver was not injured in the crash, according to Malvern Fire Company:
At 14:41 hours Station 4 Fire and EMS units were dispatched to Goshen Road West of Delchester Road in Willistown Township for a motor vehicle accident.
Chief 4 (Vaughn) responded and was advised of reports of a vehicle in to a telephone pole with a vehicle over turned.