Invite a friend
Malvern Retreat House’s ArtShow 2013 Features the Work of 100 Professional Artists Under One Roof
Don’t miss an extraordinary collection of juried artwork on display at Malvern Retreat House’s ArtShow2013, featuring original works of art by more than 100 professional artists in various media: painting, sculpture, photography, ceramics, jewelry, and glasswork.
Date and Time: ArtShow 2013 runs from Wednesday, January 30 to Sunday, February 3, with hours Wednesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.; Sunday hours are from 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
Cost: Admission is free, and is open to the public. Each piece of artwork is available for purchase; a portion of the sales will benefit Malvern Retreat House. There is no PA sales tax, and 35% of all artwork is tax deductible.
Special Events at ArtShow 2013:
Complimentary Wine and Cheese Reception, Friday, February 1: All are invited to attend the Friday Night Social, to be held Friday, February 1, from 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m., featuring a complimentary wine and cheese reception, and a chance to meet some of the artists and fellow art enthusiasts.
Artist Demonstrations: Our popular artist demonstrations feature how-to’s from some of the area’s leading professional artists. All demonstrations require advance reservation. To reserve your spot, call 484-321-2544 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Wednesday, January 30 at 2:00 p.m., “Colorful and Contemporary, the Work of Lynnette Shelley” (Ambler) – mythology and folklore art influence; the fee is $20, and includes refreshments.
- Thursday, January 31 at 6:00 p.m., “Sculpting with Light” with Harold Ross (Lancaster County) will include photography technique using still life; the fee is $40, which includes a casual light supper.
- Saturday, February 2 at 10:00 a.m., “Decorating with Artwork.” Judi Larkin of Larkin Interiors (Paoli) will solve the puzzle of placement and lighting; the fee is $15, and includes breakfast treats.
Malvern Retreat House
McShain-Horstmann Family Life Center
315 S. Warren Ave.
Malvern, PA 19355
More About Malvern Retreat House
The Malvern Retreat House is Catholic-based, but it is open to Christians of all denominations to spend time pursuing spiritual renewal and growth. It has 350 private rooms, two chapels, five oratories, a large conference center and a dining hall. It is located on 125 acres of beautiful land and woods. Check its website for organized retreats, or call to set up a retreat for yourself or a group.
Other events here
- In His Sign's 6th Annual Healing Retreat May 31, 2013 / June 1, 2013 / June 2, 2013,
- Father/Daughter Evening of Reflection Sun, Jun 9, 5:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Women's Evening of Reflection Thu, Jun 13, 6:00 pm–9:30 pm
- "Women of Wisdom in a Worried World" Retreat Daily, 5:00 pm
- July 4th Family Retreat Daily, 4:30 pm
- Eileen George Healing Retreat Daily, 4:00 pm
- Benedicta Leadership Institute for Women with Johnnette Benkovic July 11, 2013 / July 12, 2013,
- Women of Grace Retreat with Johnnette Benkovic Daily, 5:00 pm