Invite a friend
Chester County Beekeepers Association Annual Seminar
Debra Delaney, PhD is a Professor of Apiculture at the University of Delaware in Newark, DE where she runs a multifaceted research, education and extension bee program.
Karen Rossasecca is the Pennsylvania State Apiarist.
Mark Antunes is an experienced beekeeper and currently maintains an estimated 60 hives in Bucks County, PA. ark has served as the President of the Montgomery County Beekeepers Association and is the current Acting President.
Advanced Beekeepers Seminar
Debra Delaney, PhD
- The Latest in Native Pollinator Research
- Queen Rearing: Biology and Various Techniques
- Managing Risk in Honey Production: From the Hive to the Pantry
- Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Apiary Licensing and Inspection Program
- Selling Honey in Pennsylvania: Rules and Regulations
- The National Honey Bee Survey and the Bee Informed Partnership: Pennsylvania Data
New Beekeepers Seminar
- Cost and time commitment
- Equipment needed
- Assembling equipment
- Where can you have hives?
- Preparing for packages
- Installing bees
- How to find the queen
- How to work your bees and examine your hive
- Extracting honey
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- What about the winter?