Invite a friend
Colorful and Contemporary, the Work of Lynnette Shelley
Don’t miss an extraordinary collection of juried artwork on display at Malvern Retreat House’s ArtShow2013. ArtShow2013 features original works of art by more than 100 professional artists, including local artist Lynnette Shelley (Ambler). The Art Show features free admission and is open to the public.
Shelley, who has been creating art professionally since 2007, will be leading an artist demonstration called “Colorful and Contemporary, the Work of Lynnette Shelley” on Wednesday, January 30 at 2:00 p.m. at ArtShow2013. This artist demonstration will provide insights on mythology and folklore influences in art. A $20 fee includes refreshments.
Shelley is mainly known for her creations of mixed media paintings using animals to convey mysteries of legends and folklore. As a participant in many art shows throughout the northeast and other parts of the country, her artwork has received recognition for its abstraction, decorative element, and contemporary vision.
Other artist demonstrations include “Sculpting with Light” by Harold Ross (Lancaster County) on Thursday, January 31 at 6:00 p.m., which shows photography technique using still life, and “Decorating with Artwork” by Judi Larkin (Paoli) on Saturday, February 2 at 10:00 a.m., which solves the puzzle of placement and lighting when designing a room.
To reserve your spot at artist demonstrations with Shelley, Ross, and/or Larkin, call 484-321-2544 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
More About Malvern Retreat House
The Malvern Retreat House is Catholic-based, but it is open to Christians of all denominations to spend time pursuing spiritual renewal and growth. It has 350 private rooms, two chapels, five oratories, a large conference center and a dining hall. It is located on 125 acres of beautiful land and woods. Check its website for organized retreats, or call to set up a retreat for yourself or a group.
Other events here
- In His Sign's 6th Annual Healing Retreat May 31, 2013 / June 1, 2013 / June 2, 2013,
- Father/Daughter Evening of Reflection Sun, Jun 9, 5:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Women's Evening of Reflection Thu, Jun 13, 6:00 pm–9:30 pm
- "Women of Wisdom in a Worried World" Retreat Daily, 5:00 pm
- July 4th Family Retreat Daily, 4:30 pm
- Eileen George Healing Retreat Daily, 4:00 pm
- Benedicta Leadership Institute for Women with Johnnette Benkovic July 11, 2013 / July 12, 2013,
- Women of Grace Retreat with Johnnette Benkovic Daily, 5:00 pm