Invite a friend
Sculpting with Light
Don’t miss an extraordinary collection of juried artwork on display at Malvern Retreat House’s ArtShow2013. ArtShow2013 features original works of art by more than 100 professional artists, including renowned photographer Harold Ross of Lancaster County.
Ross, who has experimented with the specialized technique of light painting for 24 years, will be leading an artist demonstration called “Sculpting with Light” on Thursday, January 31 at 6:00 p.m. at ArtShow2013. The artist demonstration will show this photography technique using still life. A $40 fee includes casual light supper.
Ross’ photography has been known for displaying subjects exposed in a “different light” so people can appreciate them in a unique way. This light is meticulously applied in each image and is very sculptural in nature. Ross has received numerous awards for his pieces in art shows throughout the northeast.
Other artist demonstrations include “Colorful and Contemporary, the Work of Lynnette Shelley” (Ambler) on Wednesday, January 30 at 2:00 p.m., which provides insights on mythology and folklore influence in art, and “Decorating with Artwork” by Judi Larkin (Paoli) on Saturday, February 2 at 10:00 a.m., which solves the puzzle of placement and lighting when designing a room.
To reserve your spot at artist demonstrations with Ross, Shelley, and/or Larkin, call 484-321-2544 or e-mail email@example.com.
More About Malvern Retreat House
The Malvern Retreat House is Catholic-based, but it is open to Christians of all denominations to spend time pursuing spiritual renewal and growth. It has 350 private rooms, two chapels, five oratories, a large conference center and a dining hall. It is located on 125 acres of beautiful land and woods. Check its website for organized retreats, or call to set up a retreat for yourself or a group.
Other events here
- In His Sign's 6th Annual Healing Retreat May 31, 2013 / June 1, 2013 / June 2, 2013,
- Father/Daughter Evening of Reflection Sun, Jun 9, 5:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Women's Evening of Reflection Thu, Jun 13, 6:00 pm–9:30 pm
- "Women of Wisdom in a Worried World" Retreat Daily, 5:00 pm
- July 4th Family Retreat Daily, 4:30 pm
- Eileen George Healing Retreat Daily, 4:00 pm
- Benedicta Leadership Institute for Women with Johnnette Benkovic July 11, 2013 / July 12, 2013,
- Women of Grace Retreat with Johnnette Benkovic Daily, 5:00 pm