Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
Quilting with Main Line Quilt Guild
- When: Friday, Jan. 4 from 10 a.m. - Noon
- Where:Tredyffrin Public Library 582 Upper Gulph Rd, Strafford
- Why Go: The Main Line Quilters guild is hosting a free quilting bee on Friday. Bring your own project or work with guild members on charity quilts.
- Cost: Free
- When: Friday, Jan. 4 from 6:30 - 9 p.m.
- Where: The Center on Central, 24 W Central Ave, Paoli
- Why Go: This night is geared towards kids ages 4+. Tonight kids can get their nails done with a Kid Spa, enjoy arts and crafts, pizza snack and a movie. Preregistration is preferred.
- Cost: $30 for first child, $20 for each additional sibling.
- When: Saturday, Jan. 5 from 11 a.m. - Noon
- Where: Valley Forge Park, Visitor Center
- Why Go: Children are invited to join the Continental Army and experience a day in the life of the continental soldier. Recruits will be mustered in by receiving enlistment papers and continental currency. Recruits will be issued wooden (dummy) muskets and learn how to stand, march, and carry their musket as one of Washington's soldiers would have done. Officers, park rangers dressed in continental uniform, will train the recruits in a full musket drill. Appropriate for ages 6 - 12.
- Cost: Free
- When: Ending January 6, 2013
- Why Go: This is your last chance to bring the family out for the annual holiday Panto. Enjoy a hilarious and magical adventure with Aladdin and friends. Be ready to dance in the aisle and boo the villain! This weekend there are four performances. Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m., Saturday at 2 p.m. and a Sunday final performance at 2 p.m.
- Cost: $45 - $50