Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
Black Friday turns Green
- When: Friday, Nov. 23 at 10 a.m.
- Where: Okehocking Preserve 5316 W Chester Pike, Newtown Square
- Why Go: Join the Okehocking Nature Center at their headquarters at Okehocking Preserve's Garrett Farmhouse for a post-Thanksgiving treat of live folk music, cider, sweets, nature activities and a guided hike.
- Cost: Free
- When: Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012 - Sunday, January 6, 2013
- Why Go: Bring the family out for the annual holiday Panto. Enjoy a hilarious and magical adventure with Aladdin and friends. Be ready to dance in the aisle and boo the villain! This weekend there are four performances. Friday, Saturday and Sunday night at 7 p.m. and a Sunday matinee at 2 p.m.
- Cost:$45 - $50
Main Line School of Rock Thanksgiving Concert
- When: Friday, Nov. 23 from 7 - 11 p.m.
- Where: Main Line School of Rock, 511 Old Lancaster Rd, Berwyn
- Why Go: Daphne, the band featured in the smash movie "TED" will play a free concert at the Mainline School of Rock in Berwyn on Friday evening November 23, 2012. Joining in the event will be the Mainline School of Rock Alumni and local band, The Black Ties. Come out for an evening of great music and support for Philabundance!
- Cost: Admission is free, but donations in the form of canned goods and non-parishables will be greatly appreciated.
Golf FORE Food Drive
- When: Thursday, Nov. 22 from 7 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Where: Play A Round Golf 235 Lancaster Ave, Malvern
- Why Go: Play golf for a good cause. There is no cost to play, just bring a bag of non-perishable food items for each hour you play. All proceeds will benefit the Lord's Pantry of Downingtown, PA and the Chester County Food Bank.
- Cost: Bag of food per hour
Brandywine Harp Orchestra Christmas Advent Concert
- When: Sunday, Nov. 25 at 4 p.m.
- Where: Trinity Presbyterian Church 640 Berwyn Ave, Berwyn
- Why Go: The Brandywine Harp Orchestra (our nation's premier harp orchestra) will perform their Christmas Advent Concert to celebrate the church's 150th anniversary.
- Cost: Free
- When: Friday, Nov. 16 - Sunday, Dec. 2 - Open every day from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Dec. 2 closes 4 p.m.) Closed Thanksgiving.
- Where: The Willows Mansion
- Why Go: Holiday gifts, crafts, decor, jewelry, ladies boutique, scrumptious gourmet foods, furniture, home accessories, art gallery, ceramics, baby and children's apparel, cafe for light refreshments and much more.
- Cost: $4