Turn off the holiday music and travel back to the '70s with "Get The Led Out." From "Stairway to Heaven" to "Ramble On," Led Zeppelin fans will enjoy classic tunes. If you can't make it into the city, enjoy $3 draft beers and $5 martinis at the Fox & Hounds Pub located in the Desmond Hotel. Don't travel far on Saturday night for the live music of "The Reluctants" at Baxter's Saloon and Grille.
Be sure to check out the entire list of live music in Malvern at the end of the article.
- Where/When: Electric Factory, 421 North 7th Street, Philadelphia; Friday, December 9, 8:00 p.m.
- Why Go: Warm up from the falling temps with a show at the Electric Factory. According to the group's webpage, "This is not an impersonator act but rather a group of musicians who were fans first, striving to do justice to one of greatest bands in history." Check out group bios and tour schedule at www.gtlrocks.com.
- Price: $30.35 (includes fees).
- Where/When: Desmond Hotel, One Liberty Blvd, Malvern; Mondays - Fridays, 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Why Go: Beat the traffic and enjoy a Lancaster Brewery Hop or a Troeg's Dreamweaver during happy hour at the Fox & Hounds Pub. For two hours, drafts are $3.00, martinis or a glass a wine for $5.00. Also, select appetizers, 3 for $10. Check out the Desmond Hotel website for a complete menu.
- Price: No cover charge.
- Where/When: Baxter's Saloon & Grille, 20 Liberty Blvd, Malvern; Saturday, December 10, p.m. - 11 p.m.
- Why Go: Beat the stress of the holidays with live music from a Phoenixville-based classic rock cover band. "The Reluctants" play a little from the '60s, '70s and '80s. Check out their cover of Cream's "Sunshine of Your Love" and other songs on their myspace page. If you imbine too much during the show, use the provided by Baxter's.
- Price: Free.
Check out live music acts playing Malvern this weekend.
Friday Saturday JD Malone Matt Germanski Echo Late April Brian Fitzy Mike Digity
Chrissy & Nate The Girls Next Door The Reluctants