There were no correct guesses to challenge—but no one should feel bad about that. This was one of the toughest offerings to date.
The building in the photo is located at 15 Frame Ave., on a no-outlet road just off Route 30 on the western side of town. The photo was taken in 1981, and the house was built circa 1800.
The East Whiteland Historical Commission, who provided the photo, sent along a historical narrative (attached to this article) with some interesting information about the house. Here's an excerpt:
Frame Avenue was originally called White Horse Road, and the houses on it were in easy reach of the tavern. In 1740 this was the Col. Cromwell Pearce House. The spring is called Everlasting Spring and the Spring House is still in use. The Lenape Indians caught fish here and dried them up on the hill where Immaculata College now stands.
A bit more about Col. Pearce, who purchased the house in 1820:
According to past property owners, he led a distinguished military career after the Revolution and was appointed Colonel of the 16th Regiment U.S. Infantry by President Madison on July 3, 1812.
Read more details in the attached PDF.
Thanks to everyone who wagered a guess!