Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
Paoli Blues Fest
- When: Saturday, Oct. 6 from Noon - 6 p.m.
- Where: Paoli Village Shops
- Why Go: Rain or shine come enjoy the Blues in Paoli. Besides the non-stop blues, enjoy a street fair with food, kids' activities, street entertainers, as well as vendors, motorcycles, massages and dancing.
- Cost: Free - donation of non-perishable food
State Rep Duane Milnes Annual 55 & Up Expo
- When: Thursday (6 - 8 p.m.) and Friday (10 a.m. - 1 p.m.)
- Where: 1145 W King Rd, Malvern, PA
- Why Go: Over 50 public and private vendors that serve the 55+ population will be on hand at this 55 & Up Expo. There are featured speakers both days, as well as memory screenings for early detection of Alzheimer's and vaccines (including the Shingles vaccine), SEPTA transit cards (for those 65 years or older), and an auctioneer from Smith Auction House who will appraise up to 3 treasured items.
- Cost: Free
Fall Festival at Woodlawn Garden Center
- When: Saturday, Oct. 6, 11 a.m - 4 p.m.
- Where: Woodlawn at Potter's, 359 Paoli Pike, Malvern, PA
- Why Go: Bring the family out for a day of fall festivities. Enjoy moon bounce, face painting, arts & crafts, straw jump, and pumpkin decorating. Hot dogs, drinks and snacks will be available.
- Cost: Free
East Whiteland Fire Co. Car Show
- When: Sunday, Oct. 7, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Where: 199 Lancaster Ave, Malvern, PA 19355
- Why Go: Come to the annual car show and support the East Whiteland Fire Company and the Chester County Hero Fund, which supports injured Firefighters, EMS, Military and, Police. There are expected to be over 200 vehicles from hot rods to trucks and motorcycles. 16 vehicle classes will be judged and awards given, including best of show and Ladies choice. In addition there will be a 50/50 drawing and food will be available for purchase on the show grounds.
- Cost: Free for spectators. $8 to preregister your vehicle, $10 day of registration.
- When: Sunday, Oct. 7, Noon - 2 p.m.
- Where: Sheraton Great Valley Hotel, 707 Lancaster Ave, Malvern
- Why Go: Come out and meet several great local Zumba instructors and give Zumba a try. All proceeds benefit the Chester County Pet Food Pantry.
- Cost: $15 + can/bag of pet food or any new pet item. Forget pet item - add $2 to your admission charge. Cash Only.