Malvern Patch reader Steph Gunderson emailed the following query, which she said had been kicking around the Malvern Moms Club recently:
I wanted to know about some alternative energy supplier options now that we don't need to get service from PECO. It would be awesome to see a list of a few companies along with a table showing their rates.
I don't even know what companies are out there-- I got a few letters, but forgot to save them.
Frankly, I'm in the same boat. At one time, I checked out a list of alternative suppliers on papowerswitch.com, but I didn't follow through. We still have PECO as our electricity supplier, despite the utility's constant pleas for us to switch from them. And I am naturally suspicious of the voluminous mailers, calls and door-to-door solicitations urging us to dump the name brand we all grew up, whose trucks we see driving around, and sign on with, for example, YEP Energy.
So we'd like to hear about your experiences moving away from PECO:
Have you switched to an alternative electricity supplier? Would you recommend the company you chose?
- Have you realized a savings in your bill?
- How's the customer service?
- Once you leave PECO, do the other companies continue to hound you to switch to them?
Let us know your experiences in the comments!
Previous Malvern Patch Asks:
- Malvern Patch Asks: What's The Story Behind the Barn?
- Malvern Patch Asks: 1950s Plane Crash?
- Malvern Patch Asks: Who's the Boy in This Portrait?
- Malvern Patch Asks: Hot Air Balloons Rising?