A fire started by a welder’s torch caused a smoke condition at the new King Street development in Malvern on Monday.
According to the East Whiteland Fire Company, firefighters responded to a 9-1-1 call regarding smoking coming from King Street. Upon arrival, responders learned that welding torch had started a small fire that had been extinguished by workers on the site. The fourth floor of the building at 400 King Street was evacuated due to smoke, according to reports.
Departments from Malvern, Paoli, and East Whiteland responded to the call.