With snow falling on Tuesday, Malvern mayor David Burton has declared a snow emergency for the borough.
The notice will take effect at 3 p.m. Tuesday and is expected to be lifted by noon Wednesday afternoon.
The emergency makes it unlawful to park or operate cars on specific streets.
The complete emergency is posted below:
This emergency declaration will facilitate the movement of traffic and will combat the hazards of excessive snow and ice on the highways … within the borough.
During the term of the emergency, it shall be unlawful for any person to park a motor vehicle or to allow the same to remain parked, on any highway or portion of highway listed below. It will be unlawful to operate any motor vehicle or tractor on any such highway, unless such vehicle or tractor is equipped with adequate equipment to provide sufficient traction to keep such vehicle in motion so that other traffic will not be blocked or seriously impeded.
Snow Emergency Highways:
- Bridge Street: from King Street to Old Lincoln Highway
- King Street: from the eastern Borough line to the western Borough line
- Monument Avenue: from Sugartown Road to Warren Avenue
- Old Lincoln Highway: from the eastern to the western Borough line
- Sugartown Road: from the southern borough line to King Street
- Warren Avenue: from Paoli Pike to the northern Borough Line
It is requested that citizens park their vehicles in driveways and off the street during the emergency.